18 foods high in progesterone
- I. What is progesterone?
- II. The role of progesterone
- III. low progesterone symptoms
- IV. What are foods high in progesterone?
- 1. Foods high in progesterone: Soybeans
- 2. Foods high in progesterone: Linseed
- 3. Foods high in progesterone: Broccoli
- 4. Foods high in progesterone: Maca root
- 5. Foods high in progesterone: Avocado
- 6. Foods high in progesterone: Salmon
- 7. Foods high in progesterone: Brassicaceae vegetables
- 8. Foods high in progesterone: Almonds
- 9. Foods high in progesterone: Egg
- 10. Foods high in progesterone: Sweet peppers and tomatoes
- 11. Foods high in progesterone: Nuts
- 12. Foods high in progesterone: Herbs and functional foods
- 13. Foods high in progesterone: Olive oil
- 14. Foods high in progesterone: Grapefruit
- 15. Foods high in progesterone: Sweet potato
- 16. Foods high in progesterone: Garlic
- 17. Foods high in progesterone: Chinese Yam
- 18. Foods high in progesterone: Coconut oil
- V. What foods prevent of natural hormone balance?
Beside supplements, are there any natural foods high in progesterone? Keep reading for details!
Progesterone is one of two female sex hormones, the other being estrogen. Its main function is to regulate menstruation and support conception in the female body.
Progesterone is mainly responsible for regulating the condition of the endometrium. This hormone is produced by the ovaries, placenta, and adrenal glands.
In the ovaries, progesterone and estrogen are involved in ovulation. Additionally, if an egg is fertilized, these hormones prevent ovulation until the end of pregnancy. At the same time, progesterone affects the vaginal epithelium and makes cervical mucus thick, preventing sperm from entering. This dual action usually prevents the ovulation and fertilization of multiple eggs at the same time.
In pregnancy, progesterone also stimulates the development of the mammary glands. The drop in progesterone levels can be a step in the initiation of labor. Also progesterone inhibits lactation during pregnancy. The drop in progesterone levels after birth is one of the factors that stimulate milk production. The fetus metabolizes placental progesterone in steroid adrenal production.
The low progesterone symptoms are exbihited as follows.
- Headache or migraine
- Mood changes in the negative direction, including extreme anxiety and depression
- The menstrual cycle is irregular
- Abnormal uterine bleeding
Foods high in progesterone / ph: pexels
Here, let's see what foods high in progesterone can help increase progesterone!
1. Foods high in progesterone: Soybeans
Soybeans contain high levels of nutrients, which are very good for women. Soybeans have protein and other ingredients such as daidzein, genistein, glycine ... and a moderate amount of starch and fat.
Helps stimulate the body to produce natural estrogen, prevent aging.
Sprouted soybeans have the highest levels of phytonutrients.
Soybeans can be processed into different types of dishes such as:
Soy milk: There is a simple, easy-to-drink way, and provides a lot of estrogen.
Soy dishes: Tofu, fried bean curd, or roasted soybeans, soybean meal ...
Soy germ products and soybean germ extract help increase female hormones effectively.
Used to process beauty products, increase female hormones and improve health.
Linseed contain very high levels of phytoestrogens (up to 85.5mg of phytoestrogen per 28g of flaxseeds). This plant-based estrogen, called lignans, functions similar to the endogenous estrogen in the human body. Linseed is a food help to increase progesterone, effective prevention of breast cancer and cardiovascular disease.
According to experts, the most effective and safest way to use this "increase progesterone" food is to roast Linseed and then grind them into a fine powder, combined with a variety of foods and beverages.
Broccoli is dark green vegetables that provide a variety of nutrients:
- Very rich in antioxidants, vitamins A, B6, C, and K.
- Provide minerals such as calcium, iron, zinc, manganese, copper.
Broccoli is a food helps to increase progesterone that have the following effects:
- Enhances the metabolism of estrogens, giving users smooth, youthful skin, and improved mood.
- Anti-aging, prevent disease, especially cancer.
Broccoli can process into the increase progesterone dishes as follows:
- Used as a salad dish, boiled or sautéed with beef, pork.
- Combination bone soup is also very delicious and nutritious.
Broccoli can be eaten as often as 2-3 times per week. If you cook too long, the nutrients in the broccoli will be lost.
Maca root is an excellent source of many nutrients, vitamins and minerals:
- Each 28g of Maca root powder contains 91 calories, 20g carbohydrate, 4g protein, 2g fiber, vitamins like vitamin C, vitamin B6.
- Many essential minerals like copper, iron, potassium, manganese.
- Maca root also contains glucosinolate and polyphenols.
Maca root has many effective effects on the woman's body:
Glucosinolate and polyphenols help increase female hormones, improve libido, reduce menopausal symptoms and regulate mood.
Maca root powder provides energy for the body.
Guide to prepare Maca root dishes: The Maca root is ground into powder that can be used easily as added to smoothies, oatmeal, baked goods.
Studies show that it is appropriate to use 1.5 - 5g of Maca root powder. Be aware that you need to find products of a clear origin and of good quality. Some products sold at supermarkets are available in powder, liquid extract or capsule form.
Avocado is a fruit that contains a high content of nutrients that are especially good for women. Avocado contains many ingredients such as:
- Rich in fiber, potassium, magnesium, vitamin B, vitamin E, folic acid, beta-carotene fatty acid is essential for health, stimulates the production of female hormones, especially estrogen, helps regulate body activities.
- Avocado helps to support the absorption of nutrients, good for the skin.
- The beta carotene in avocados also helps prevent atherosclerosis and cardiovascular disease.
Avocado can be processed into many dishes such as: You can make a mint butter smoothie (made from fresh avocado, condensed milk, mint) or slice butter mixed into a salad.
You can eat avocado 3-4 times per week or eat half an avocado per day to enhance health and increase progesterone.
Salmon meat is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids and vitamin D, which are a good source of protein for everyone, especially women.
Salmon has many health benefits:
- Helps strengthen natural hormones;
- Promotes natural hormone balance;
- Against aging;
- Supports calcium absorption;
- Good for the heart and brain ...
You can process salmon into many attractive dishes such as: Sushi, salmon with lemon pepper sauce, salmon with tomato sauce, salmon mixed with vegetable salad, salmon with sour soup, salmon with honey sauce ... Should eat salmon 1-2 times per week will help increase progesterone and very good for health.
Brassicaceae vegetables are rich in DIM (diindolylmethane) and vitamins, a dietary fiber that are essential for health, that help remove harmful estrogen from the body. You should add a variety of Brassicaceae vegetabless into your daily meals such as broccoli, cabbage, kale, chrysanthemum ... to be both healthy and balanced with female hormones.
Almonds are the following foods:
- Rich in energy, minerals, vitamin B, vitamin E.
Very rich in phytoestrogens and antioxidants.
Almonds are used to:
- Prevent stroke, diabetes.
- Reducing blood cholesterol and regulating hormones.
- Help increase progesterone very effectively
Almonds are a nutritious and delicious food. You can enjoy nut butters or chopped nuts and sprinkle them on foods for flavor.
Chicken eggs are a nutritious food rich in protein, fat, vitamin B1 and iron, zinc, help provide energy for the body's activities, stimulate hormone production, and natural hormone balance.
You can process it into many different dishes such as:
Steamed with honey and condensed milk to create a nutritious dish that effectively increases female hormones.
In addition, chicken eggs can be fried, boiled ... or mixed into salads.
You should only eat 3 eggs per week, should not eat more than 5 / week because it can increase blood cholesterol levels.
Sweet peppers are rich in antioxidants. Tomatoes are a rich source of flavonoids. Sweet peppers and tomatoes also contain vitamin C, calcium ...
Sweet peppers and tomatoes are considered increase progesterone foods because of their effects:
- Help increase progesterone
- Helps to balance hormones.
- Helps brighten eyes, enhance resistance and protect the body against disease.
The increase progesterone dishes from tomatoes and sweet peppers that you can make are:
- Tomatoes can be used to make tomato smoothies, or put in salads, sauces with tofu, salmon, soup ...
- Sweet peppers is suitable for stir-fry dishes such as stir-fry beef, mixed stir fry.
- Tomatoes and sweet peppers can be eaten as often as 3-4 times per week. This is great for female hormones.
Nuts (almonds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, peanuts ...) are a rich source of protein, vegetable fats, minerals such as magnesium, calcium, potassium and vitamin B6 for the body.
Eating nuts regularly helps boost metabolism, improve mood, increase progesterones and improve health.
You should eat about 32g of nuts in the afternoon to promote health. Should eat seeds not soaked in salt and sugar to ensure safety.
Many natural herbs (licorice, chamomile, female ginseng ...) work very well in adding estrogen to the body.
In particular, Pueraria mirifica contains the active ingredient phytoestrogen which is 100 times stronger than soy isoflavone in soybean germ and is similar to endogenous estrogen. As a result, Pueraria mirifica helps to increase increase progesterone quickly and effectively.
You can eat Pueraria mirifica with ginseng with honey, stew with chicken or use some products processed from Pueraria mirifica with quality standard process to increase progesterone effectively.
You can also choose supplements containing vitamin E that help increase progesterone from reputable brands.
Olive oil is one of the most effective increase progesterone supplements. Olive oil contains many minerals and vitamins. In particular, this increase progesterone food is a source of healthy unsaturated fatty acids.
Olive oil works:
- Helps increase progesterone and maintain hormonal stability.
- Good for heart health, prevent disease.
You can use olive oil in many dishes instead of animal fats. Raw and cold pressed olive oil has higher quality and nutritional content than hot pressed.
Suggested dishes from olive oil: Mix into salads, use in stir-fries, pasta, make sauces ...
In addition to the food that increase progesterone, grapefruit is also a very rich fruit of vitamin C, fiber, antioxidants and low in calories, so women can eat a little without worrying about gaining weight. Grapefruit uses:
- Strengthen resistance.
- Healthy, smooth skin.
- Effective natural hormone balance
You can eat grapefruit regularly 2-3 times per week, very good for women's health.
Sweet potatoes are rich in fiber, tryptophan, vitamin B6, carbohydrates:
- The amino acid tryptophan in sweet potatoes has the ability to control cortisol levels, helping to reduce stress.
- Vitamin B6 enhances metabolism and nutrient absorption.
- The high level of carbohydrates helps to secrete serotonin to the body to regulate mood and weight.
- Sweet potatoes are also very laxative, help prevent constipation, aid in digestion.
Sweet potatoes can be processed into fried, boiled or made salads. You should eat it regularly every day in small amounts as sweet potatoes are high in starch, which can cause weight gain if eaten in excess.
Garlic has many good effects for the body in general and for women in particular. Garlic is considered a increase progesterone food because:
In 100g garlic contains 600mg phytoestrogen, which helps increase progesterone effectively.
- Garlic contains many antioxidants, increases resistance, helps prevent many diseases such as colds, fever, cancer ...
Garlic can be used as a condiment in dishes or as a dipping sauce to enhance the flavor. However, you should not eat too much because the hot spicy garlic can stimulate the digestive system unexpectedly.
Chinese Yam is considered one of the best increase progesterone supplements for women / ph: google
Chinese Yam root contains the active ingredient pregnenolone, which helps beautify and improve women's life. The component of pregnenolone is a precursor of the sex hormone. After metabolism, this precursor produces the end products, estrogen and progesterone, which help stimulate blood circulation to the genitals.
Chinese Yam root works:
- Help increase progesterone, increases libido, reduces symptoms of perimenopause and menopause.
- Prevent cancer such as uterine fibroids, breast cancer.
Therefore, Chinese Yam is considered one of the best increase progesterone supplements for women. Chinese Yam can be refined, combined with several other herbs to produce certain increase progesterone products or prevent uterine fibroids.
Coconut oil is a good increase progesterone booster. Coconut oil contains healthy medium chain fatty acids, vitamin E, phytosterols, phenols and antibacterial agents. Coconut oil has an antioxidant effect, provides energy, aids in digestion, and helps increase progesterone effectively.
However, do not eat too much coconut oil. You should only add a few drops of coconut oil to food to get the taste, not to use it as cooking oil.
In addition to adding foods high in progesterone, you also need to stay away from the following foods and drinks which prevent of natural hormone balance:
- Spicy, hot, spicy foods such as hot peppers and pepper (especially when used in excess)
- Alcoholic beverages such as wine and beer
- Stimulants like cigarettes.
Hope the above information has provided you with useful knowledge about foods high in progesterone, ensure a healthy body and a happy spirit. Apply today to feel the change in your body every day!
18 foods high in progesterone
If progesterone for men at low levels, men will have an increased risk of several diseases. Progesterone for men will start to decline as men get older. Foods high in progesterone can help stimulate the body's production of progesterone which will help deal with those problems.
If progesterone for men at low levels, men will have an increased risk of several diseases. Progesterone for men will start to decline as men get older. Foods high in progesterone can help stimulate the body's production of progesterone which will help deal with those problems.Read more
Progesterone is a very important female sex hormone in maintaining the menstrual cycle and especially preparing for pregnancy in a woman. If there is concern about the side effects of hormone replacement therapy in a diagnosed progesterone deficiency, natural progesterone-boosting measures should be considered.
Progesterone is a very important female sex hormone in maintaining the menstrual cycle and especially preparing for pregnancy in a woman. If there is concern about the side effects of hormone replacement therapy in a diagnosed progesterone deficiency, natural progesterone-boosting measures should be considered.Read more